August 19, 2008

A Little Update

Hi family and friends. I finally got our blog moved - that's not to say it's any better. I have to do some major work on this thing, so check us out ofen and I'll try to keep up! In case we haven't been in touch with you for a while, I'll give you an update on our family. If you see us all the time, I'll try to get keep this updated at least every couple of weeks so check back, and sorry about the whole story of our lives thing!

I'll start with Cory, who sometime in 2004 had what I refer to as an early midlife crisis. After 7 years he decided he did not like his job (he'd been working at Sundance Catalog as a computer network administrator) and he did not want to be in the computer business anymore and he wanted to go to law school. Yeah, I know - all of you who know Cory are surprised. I could not imagine my hubby with his hilarious sense of humor and easy going attitude as an uptight, do everything by the books, attorney. I had several good attorney friends (who were not your typical attorney types) that tried to talk him out of it, to no avail. So, we packed up and moved to Michigan for 3 years. Cory finished law school last September and has been working at Zions Bancorp in the Corporate Contracts Division. I am very proud of him for even making it through. Law school is TOUGH!!!

I worked as a paralegal/legal secretary for about 13 years, until we moved home from Michigan last Spring. At that time I was pregnant with our third baby (Taylor) and we decided that I should stay at home with the kids. In Michigan our kids were in school all day and Cory was out of school when the kids got out, so I continued to work and between Cory and I we were able to take kids to field trips, go to all of the class parties, etc. When I quit work last year the kids were out for the summer and it was a lot of fun hanging out with them. However, when they went back to school, I realized that I missed work A LOT. I could not imagine sending my baby to child care, but at the same time, I really missed going to work, meeting those deadlines, preparing for trial, and feeling a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. In September I got a call from my friend who knew someone who needed someone to do some part time legal work from home. I was very happy and excited. Two days later a friend of mine who worked at the firm I was with before we moved to Michigan, called and she said they needed someone to help the medical malpractice department out and that I could work from home. I am now a stay at home mom with two part time jobs. I still miss going to work but so far this has been an ideal situation.

Being a mom is hard work, but I love my kiddies. I don't like the fact that I spend hours picking up after children (all of them, and husband) only to turn around 5 minutes later, and have it a mess again. I don't like that my girls are almost 10 and getting too old for their britches, and maybe they don't do everything how I want them to do it, or when I want them to do it, or the fact that one is exactly like me (yes, I have now apologized to my mom) but as all kids do, they bring a smile to my face when I need it the most and I love them more than anything.

Bailee is our oldest by 25 minutes. She and Morgan are starting 4th grade this year. Wow, where does the time go. I can't believe how old they are. They started Kindergarten the year we moved to Michigan, which seems like yesterday. Bailee has the best memory of any kid I have ever met. She can tell you were everyone was sitting at Thanksgiving dinner 3 years ago, and what they were wearing. I have no idea why she remembers that stuff, but she also can recall details in books and other things that surprise me. Of course, she's not nearly as good at remembering to clean her room or make her bed. I hope the memory comes in handy with times tables and division. She just started cheer last week and is having tons of fun. They will do a lot of performances and competitions this year. I'm really exicted for her.

Morgan was the baby for 8 1/2 years. She is a pint size little thing and is about as petite as they come. She is a sensitive little mom and is constantly fussing over her little brother. She's definitely the mom of the two. She still wants to pick out Taylor's clothes every day and checks in when she's outside playing, just to see what Taylor is up to. She is also in cheer and is very excited. Believe it or not, I had nothing to do with the whole cheer thing. Cory wanted them to do soccer, and they wanted to until their cousin joined cheer, and they saw what fun it was. I can't blame them.

Taylor is our baby. He just turned 1 a couple of weeks ago, and we love him sooooo much. I always wondered if it was true that boys and girls, even as babies, are so different. I'm here to tell you that they are - and this kid is all boy. He is probably more tough than Morgan and could probably take her in a one-on-one match. No kidding. He's very big and tall for his age (people cannot believe he's barely one), and Morgan can't hold him while she's standing up. He gets into EVERYTHING, which is something our girls did not do and he eats EVERYTHING (electrical cords to the computer and play station are his favorite, followed by flip flops - absolutely disgusting) which is something our girls did not do. Because he's soon to be the only kid under 10 in our house, he gets way, way too much attention and he knows there are 4 people at his constant beck and call. He never went through the stranger stage, and smiles from ear to ear at anyone who will look at him. He'll jibber to people behind us at the grocery store and I can't go anywhere without someone commenting about what a cutie he is - the problem is, he knows it.

So, that's us in a nutshell. I'm off to shuttle kids around, so in the next day or two I'll post some pics from Taylor's b-day, some from our vacation to Jordanelle, some days on the beach at Pineview, and I'll see what else is on the camera. It'll be as much of a surpise for me as it will for you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie that was awesome. First off I had no idea that you had a baby, cool name by the way, and I can't believe that the twins are 10. We aren't that old are we? Kudos for Cory. To be honest, not surprised on the attorney. He was always a smarty pants. I am excited to keep on you and your family.

Julia said...

Welcome to the blogspot world! We're looking forward to stalking you guys...

Heather said...

Angie I saw your comment on my blog. Where have you been?! I had no idea you were back in UT with a BABY and blogging! I tried to email you, but I keep getting an error. I'll keep checking back!

Aimee said...

Hey chica! Thanks for the comments on my blog! I have your cell # and had every intention of calling to set up the infamous play date at the Magna Pool, but you know how it is. Time flies when you're a mom. The girlies are darling (as always). We needa get together! I'll be callin' now that 2/3 of mine are out of my hair for a few hours every day!!!