August 27, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL

First off, thanks to Dawn for talking me through the tips and tricks of blogspot, and for chatting and catching up with me. It was great to talk to you!

I am by no means an expert at this blogging business, but oh well here it goes.


My big 4th graders!!


Like most everyone else in Utah, our kids went back to school this week! I took the kids to school the first day, but my camera had issues, so these are from day #2 at the bus stop. I'm sad every year because they prefer to ride the bus so they can talk to all their friends. It usually takes me half an hour to talk them into letting me take them the first day.

They were definitely ready to go back! We had a decent summer and I thought I wanted them to stay home with me forever. . . . until August rolled around and then I changed my mind. The worst part about about school starting is that I lose my two best babysitters. No more "Bailee, can you please keep an eye on Taylor while I (insert a variety of daily mundane chores here. . . load the dishwasher, vacuum, etc.)?" Or, "Morgan, can you feed Taylor his waffles while I jump in the shower?" Nope - now I get to chase after the little guy all by myself again, and while he's not on a dead sprint yet, he can definitely walk from here to there and he gets around quickly. He's still a little wobbly, and while I love the wobbly walk, he looks like I've been slipping a little something into his sippy cup.

On the other hand, I think the girls are probably relieved because going back to school will be a break for them. I'm sure they are thinking "what's a little homework at night when I don't have to listen to my mom nag me all day about picking up after myself or watching my little brother." Actually, Bailee likes to clean, and Morgan likes to watch her brother - so the complaining only starts when Bailee has to watch her brother and Morgan has to clean.

On the plus side, I get to start going to the gym again! I've only gone a few times all summer and I miss it. I love the classes, and if you are on the equipment, they have tvs with a channel to the play area so you can see what your kids are doing. If I'm having a day when I'm frustrated or tired of chasing Taylor, I pack him up and take him to the gym just so I can have time to think.

So back to the daily grind!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, your girls are little mini versions of you. So cute. Enjoy your days. I sure am!!!

Julia said...

Great job on the blog. You already look like an expert!

Hollie and Colby said...

Angie!

I found you through Heather's blog! I am so happy for you and your darling family. You have 10 year old---I am feeling even older ;-) now!

Hollie